Pinion Gears St Louis
A pinion is a round gear used in several applications:
- usually the smallest gear in a gear drive train, although in the case of John Blenkinsop’s Salamanca, the pinion was rather large. In many cases, such as remote controlled toys, the pinion is also the drive gear.
- the smaller gear that drives in a 90-degree angle towards a crown gear in a differential drive.
- the small front sprocket on a chain driven motorcycle.
- the round gear that engages and drives a rack in a rack and pinion mechanism and against a rack in a rack railway.
- in the case of radio-controlled cars with an engine (i.e. nitro) this pinion gear can be referred to as a clutch bell when it is paired with a centrifugal clutch.
Advanced Jiffy Machine Products, Inc was established in January of 1979 as a general machine shop, doing work for area industries and aerospace companies. The company started out in downtown Monett, Missouri, and in July of 1982 moved into a new 4500 square foot climate controlled building located in the Industrial Park. In 1983, we added gear manufacturing to our product line to branch out and add a needed specialized service to our business. As our business and customer base has grown over the years, we have been through two more expansions making our building 8000 square feet.
We do a variety of different operations including:
– CNC gear work, including shaft splining, internal splines, sprockets, gear sets, helicals (internal and external), spurs, specialized gearing, and timing belt pulleys.
– CNC lathe work, including hard turning, hard boring, and other various turning and boring operations as needed.
– General machining and complete gearbox manufacturing.
We are willing to quote on product development work, repair work, and production lots both large and small.
We make gears ranging in outside diameter size from less than a 1/2″ to 25” and shafts 3″ in diameter and up to 40 feet long. We can also shape and broach internal gears. Some of the industries that we provide gears and other services include oil, gas, winch, printing, farm implement, industrial gears, and many others.